In Just One Year...

Sunday, June 7, 2009


If I make it through this post without sobbing, it will be nothing short of a miracle! 

One year ago, my whole life changed. The meaning of life, the goals in life, the desires in life, it all dramatically, and in one instant, changed forever! 

Ava Kate Kelley was born June 8, 2008. She was a tiny little thing, weighing only 6lbs and 8ozs.! I think the first words I said to her was "you're my little girl, you're my angel!". I was beside myself with excitement and bliss and, quite honestly, very little has changed in that way. I still look at her in complete amazement, awe, and pride! 

I remember the nurse taking her out the room for the pediatrician to come in and check her, I just wanted her back by side, I could smell her little newborn soft smell and I just wanted to hold her all night and breathe her in! I remember bringing her home like it was literally yesterday. From day 1, Ashley and I both have agreed, it was as natural as if she'd been here our whole lives. She is just a pleasure, a joy, a good baby. OUR LITTLE GIRL! 

Today, in only one year, she has grown to an adorable, FUNNY, beautiful, smart (we just know so!), and pleasant sweet baby. She's taken a few steps here and there, she talks to us (in her own language but we totally understand. ha!) and she's learning to be quite, er....persuasive when she needs to be.I cannot believe she's one! We love her so much. We tell her every minute of everyday just how much she means to us! 

I have a vase of flowers waiting for her when she awakes in the morning, just like my wonderful mother always does for me at the beginning of "birthday week" in which we celebrate everyday leading up to our birthdays. Since its ava kate's first, we'll celebrate the first 7 days of her life that will lead up to her HUGE birthday bash! 

Words cannot describe the way I feel, the whole year just plays back like one of those photo montage you see in movies. I see those sweet peaceful naps, I see the first bath, first coo, first smile, the first laugh, the countless feedings, the first time she said mama, reached for me, hugged me, kissed me, and then finally took a step! Its all there, where it will be forever, in my heart! 

I know you all love her too and so, I want to always share a part of her life with you! 

Here's a few pictures of how it all began and how far we've come...in just one year! 






















1 comments:

Amelia said...

Aww...that made me cry. That was very sweet and Ava Kate is BEAUTIFUL! What a blessing you have. I can not wait til my little one arrives in January!!